The Rosnay story begins a long way away – France in the early 1900’s – in the vineyard of Florence Statham’s grandfather, Albéric Dulong de Rosnay, after whom the farm “Rosnay” was named. His vines were at ‘Cogny’, in the Beaujolais, only 30km North West of Lyon. Albéric tried to keep up with the reputation of this “third river of Lyon” as Beaujolais wine was called. They also kept beehives, a vegetable garden and baked their bread in an outdoor bread oven.
Rosnay Organics is an organic vineyard and orchard at Canowindra, in the Central Ranges of NSW, Australia. Rosnay was created by the Statham family in 1997, and produces certified organic wines, olives, and fig products.
In 2012, Rosnay won the Greg Johnson Trophy for Best Local Wine at the Cowra National Wine Show. Sam Statham of Rosnay was also awarded the inaugural NSW Department of Primary Industries’ Organic Pioneers Award.
The beautiful property is open for tours by appointment, and we are happy to accommodate anything from wine lovers to work functions and hens parties. Simply contact us to make an enquiry.
On offer is a fully self contained cottage, which can have up to six people and is surrounded by the vines, olives and fig trees.
Rosnay Organic products are widely distributed through locally owned, independent outlets, and are not available through the supermarket chains. Use our Outlet Locator to find your nearest store or restaurant that stocks Rosnay.
The Rosnay Newsletter offers the following information.
- ■ Green Market, Sustainable Living Festival, Melbourne Federation Square, February 15-17, showcasing over 100 exhibitors with sustainable home solutions, garden gear, fair trade clothing, organic food and of course Rosnay wine with Oli Statham!
- ■ Canberra Food and Wine Expo, National Convention Centre, Canberra, February 16th, Rosnay wine tasting from 10am, with Sam Statham talking on the wine appreciation stage at 1pm about the growth of organic wine production in the Cowra wine region
- ■ Concert: Journeys in Joy, All Saints’ Church, Canowindra, 3:00pm February 16th, Sarah Coghlan and Cindy Fox play Piano and Violin. The first concert on Canowindra’s new Concert Grand Piano to be followed by a Rosnay Wine Tasting $25/20 conc. Tickets at the door.
- ■ Sydney Cellar Door, February 25th-27th, Hyde Park, Sydney. Join Sam for tastings of Rosnay and over 100 other wineries from across NSW.
- ■ Flickerfest at Rosnay, 6:30 pm, March 23rd, Rosnay Vineyard. Films that are as brilliant as ever. Tickets $35 films and dinner, $20 films only, no BYO. Call us on 63443215 to book dinner, otherwise tickets at the gate.
- ■ Mitchell Conservatorium presents Daniel de Borah on Piano at All Saints’ Church, Canowindra, 24 March, 3pm. $20/$15 concession, school age children free. To book email email@example.com.
- ■ Naked Food and Wine Dinner, with chef and author Jane Granger, 6.30pm 30 March, The Old Vic Inn, Canowindra, $65 includes multi course menu, all wines and cooking demonstration. Book through Cowra Tourism, 63424333
- ■ Canowindra at Home‘s inaugural “Long 100mile Lunch”, April 14th, 12-5pm, Age of Fishes Museum, as a unique part of Orange FOOD week.
- ■ Canowindra verus the rest of Australia, 7:00 pm, April 19, Taste Canowindra Restaurant. Wine dinner matching 4 Canowindra wines & 4 wines from elsewhere to delicious locally grown food.
- ■ Saturday 20 April – Food and Wine Twilight Markets and Balloon Glow, Canowindra Showground.